Western’s School of Stage and Screen offers both a B.A. and a B.F.A. through five
distinctive degree paths, depending on a student’s area of interest. The study of
film & TV production, musical theatre, theatre arts and dance can open doors to a
diversity of exciting professional opportunities and experiences. Our programs help
students hone their craft while also developing creative thinking skills and a deeper
knowledge and understanding of the arts.
All programs require an audition/interview/portfolio for admission to the School of Stage & Screen.
To spark creativity, facilitate innovation, and cultivate artists who are confident
and prepared to succeed in the entertainment industry.
- We believe in the power of storytelling to transform both the audience and the artist.
- We surround our students with practitioners who are devoted to their disciplines and
have real-world experience as artists.
- We encourage our students to possess an understanding of the comprehensive process
in an immersive mentored environment where students learn by doing.
- We place a strong emphasis on technique and industry standards and their vital role
in serving the artistic process.
- We believe students should be cognizant of the historical, social, and cultural contexts
of the art form.
- We celebrate diverse people, perspectives, and cultural influences.
The following undergraduate degrees are offered at WCU’s School of Stage and Screen:
Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Film & Television Production
Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Theatre - Musical Theatre
Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Theatre - Acting
Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A) in Theatre - Entertainment & Design Technology
Bachelor of Arts (B. A.) in Stage and Screen
Minor in Dance