About the Program
The School of Stage and Screen now offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Entertainment
and Design Technology. This degree is for students interested in studying elements
of theatrical and film design and production including lighting, costumes, scenic,
properties, sound, and construction.
- Interview/Audition - apply and select a date here.
- Submit two letters of reference concerning your prospect for professional study.
- Submit a resume
- Submit an essay on "What your top five favorite plays/films are and the reason for
two of them"
- Complete a satisfactory live interview with the Stage & Screen faculty
- Submit a portfolio of your design and tech work. This might include production photos,
renderings, schematics, a short film clip, or the like. Faculty will review your
portfolio of work and ask a number of questions about your passion for design and
8 semester plan for EDT program
Program Continuation Policy
To spark creativity, facilitate innovation, and cultivate artists who are confident
and prepared to succeed in the entertainment industry.
- We believe in the power of storytelling to transform both the audience and the artist.
- We surround our students with practitioners who are devoted to their disciplines and
have real-world experience as artists.
- We encourage our students to possess an understanding of the comprehensive process
in an immersive mentored environment where students learn by doing.
- We place a strong emphasis on technique and industry standards and their vital role
in serving the artistic process.
- We believe students should be cognizant of the historical, social, and cultural contexts
of the art form.
- We celebrate diverse people, perspectives, and cultural influences.
Faculty and Staff
|Tory Depew, Program Director
|Terry Martin, Scenic Design Assistant Professor
|Yu Lei "Leo", Lighting and Sound Assistant Professor
|Kevin King, Technical Director
|Rachel Schuldenfrei, Costume Shop Manager