Nine Western Carolina University faculty members have been promoted to full professor in recognition of a sustained record of professional and academic achievement, WCU Interim Provost Richard Starnes announced Monday, Sept. 21.
Recently promoted to full professor are:
* Erin Adams, from the School of Art and Design
* Ellie Blair, from the School of Teaching and Learning
* Patricia Bricker, from the School of Teaching and Learning
* Mark Budden, from the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
* Cynthia Caravelis, from the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice
* Marie-Line Germain, from the Department of Human Services
* Mary Ann Lafratta, from the School of Art and Design
* Christina Reitz, from the School of Music
* Lorrie Willey, from the Department of Accounting, Finance, Information Systems and Business Law
“We are pleased to welcome these outstanding teachers, scholars and researchers into the ranks of full professor,” Starnes said. “They have demonstrated the unwavering commitment to academic excellence and quality and dedication to student success that are the hallmark of this university.”
Chancellor Kelli R. Brown hosted a reception for the newly minted full professors at the Chancellor’s Residence on Sept. 21.