The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects
the privacy of student education records. Before any WCU administrative office can
discuss most specific issues pertaining to a student’s records with third parties,
we must have consent from the student. University personnel must be able to verify
a student's identity before discussing the student's academic records by telephone.
If you wish to discuss your academic records by telephone with University personnel,
- Select a 6-digit number (this number should not include your myWCU password, birth
date, or any part of your Social Security number).
- If you would like to grant permission to release this information to other persons,
please select a second, different 6-digit number.
- To access the form, log in to myWCU. On the My Home tab select the Release of Information
link under My Information in the Virtual One Stop links on the left side of the page.
When you submit the online form you can:
- Assign a 6-digit number to only yourself or...
- Assign a 6-digit number to yourself and a different 6-digit number for another person.
You can not, however, assign a 6-digit number to the other person ONLY. You must first
submit your code either by reentering your previous code or choosing a different code
at this time if desired.
Making Changes to your Security Codes
- If at any time you decide you want to delete access given to another person, you need
to submit your code (or choose a different code if desired) and leave the other person’s
security code blank.
- The most recent changes made will always override the previous ones.
For example, if you forget your code, you can enter a new code, and the new code will
replace the old one. Students can do this an unlimited number of times.
- If you already have a code in place and want to add a code for someone else, you must
resubmit your code and the other person’s code at the same time.
NO INFORMATION CAN BE DISCLOSED WITHOUT THE SECURITY CODE