- Prepare Travel Reimbursements through Chrome River at travel.wcu.edu and submit within
30 calendar days from the return date.
- If the travel expenses are less than the Travel Advance received, write a check payable
to Western Carolina University or bring cash to the Travel Auditor for the difference
within 30 days of the travel. No expense reports will be approved in Chrome River
until money owed is received by Travel Auditor. When completeing expense reports
for money owed, please remember to utilize the Travel Advance Return tile on the same
expense report as the expenses for which travel advance was received.
- If foreign currency receipts are attached please label what it is for, date it was
incurred and, use the conversion feature in Chrome River.
- All students, employees, and non-employees must have a Default AP Address prior to
entering pre-approvals or expense reports in Chrome River.
- To be reimbursed for Airbnb, traveler must submit three hotel comparisons to show
the savings over traditional hotel lodging.
- After the Expense Report has been processed thru Chrome River, the reimbursement will
be issued by check to your Default AP Address or by Direct Deposit (only available
- No checks will be held at the Controller's Office for pickup.
- To sign up for Direct Deposit for all Accounts Payable reimbursements, including travel,
contact Human Resources at 828.227.7218 or for form go to https://www.wcu.edu/WebFiles/Excel/HR_directdepositenrollment_2015.xlsx.
Questions regarding University travel please contact the Travel Auditor, Leann Wheatley,