We support the mission of WCU by enabling the effective, efficient, and strategic use of technology in building
an empowered and informed university and by cultivating a knowledgeable and engaged
The IT Division will be a model for the strategic and effective use of information
technology, partnering with the university community to positively impact lives.
We strive to serve with transparency, integrity, innovation, excellence, accountability,
and together we celebrate the diversity and inclusion of ideas and people.
Our Guiding Principles
- We embrace the important responsibility and role IT has in the university’s core values
of Excellence, Scholarship, and Teaching and Learning.
- We stand dedicated to critical system stability by being firmly rooted in a culture
of proactiveness, process improvement, and prevention of issues and recurring problems.
- We commit ourselves to providing best in class service, investing in our people, and
encouraging cross-disciplinary collaboration with a commitment towards achieving shared
- We focus on continuous improvement, seeking opportunities to challenge ourselves,
to be receptive to new ideas and solutions and to be good stewards of resources.
- We learn and grow to systemically address diversity, equal opportunity, and belonging
as areas of continual improvement in process and practice.
- We are open and honest with our university partners, keeping them up to date on the
status of our work.
- We manage risk effectively, communicate issues appropriately, protect user data and
privacy, assess data security risks, and maintain honest accounting of all information.