Become a Friend of the Library
Your membership helps Hunter Library provide:
- Welcoming, comfortable and engaging spaces
- Services and collections for WCU and the Community
- Programs and Research Opportunities
- Student Engagement and Enrichment Activities
Membership Categories, Benefits, and Giving Levels
Regular Individual Membership
Cost: $35 (annually)
$100 (3 years)
$750 (“lifetime” membership of 30 years)
Regular members receive the following benefits:
- Borrow up to 15 physical items (books, media, etc.) at a time.
- Invitations to at least 2 in-person events exclusively available to members each year.
- Use of reservable and first-come library spaces (with some limits on reservable spaces).
(Scholar Studio, Virtual Reality Room, and individual and group study rooms).
- In-library access to electronic resources including databases, e-journals, ebooks,
streaming film collections, and more.
- 10% discount on all purchases at the City Lights Book Store in Sylva, NC. (must present
a current membership card)
- Opportunities to purchase FOHL merchandise at your own cost from a third-party
- 3-Year Members and Lifetime members also receive a free annual parking pass upon
request each year, for use when visiting Hunter Library.
- 3-Year members and Lifetime members also receive invitations to special “self pay” field
trips and events. (museum exhibits, festivals, dining experiences, behind-the-scenes
tours, outdoor adventures, etc.)
WCU Current Student Membership (currently enrolled WCU students only)
Cost: $10 (must be renewed annually; no multi-year memberships at this rate)
In addition to all of the benefits of Regular Membership, student members receive:
- Invitation to a nourishing student meal each semester during Finals Week.
Recent WCU Graduates Membership (graduated within the past 5 years)
Cost: $25 (must be renewed annually, no multi-year memberships at this rate)
This level of membership provides all benefits of Regular Membership, but at a discounted
rate for recent WCU graduates.
Cost: Annual Gift of $500 or more
In addition to all of the benefits of of Regular Membership, Sustaining Members receive:
- Special recognition at FOHL events.
- Free annual parking pass upon request each year, for use when visiting Hunter Library.
- A free FOHL branded collectible such as a t-shirt, coffee mug, etc.
- Special invitations to two additional “Receptions With The Dean” events per year.
- Special invitations to occasional “self pay” group outings to local and regional events
(museum exhibits, festivals, dining experiences, etc.)