The TEAS® is an assessment product of Academic Testing, Inc (ATI). The WCU School of Nursing Undergraduate Pre-licensure program uses applicant performance on the ATI, in addition to the ACT Residual and current collegiate grade point average, to rank applicants to the program.
WCU administers the TEAS version VI. This is also the only version currently accepted by our Nursing Department.
The test center administration fee at WCU is $40.00. This test center administration fee DOES NOT include the cost of the exam itself. Currently, the exam cost is $65 from ATI, but is subject to change without notice. This makes the total student cost for a regularly scheduled exam $105.00. Students will pay the $40 test center fee when they register and should be prepared to pay for the exam by credit card when they arrive on test day. Only credit card payments are accepted. Results of TEAS test are available as soon as the exam is complete if there are no testing irregularities to report.
Learn About Optional Online Test Prep offered by Ed2Go
How Often Can the Test be Taken?
The TEAS cannot be taken more than once every 30 days. Students should check with their program for testing requirements. THE WCU SCHOOL OF NURSING
Day of the Exam
• You must arrive on time. Late arrivals will not be admitted to the testing room.
• Photo ID is required for admission to the exam. Driver’s license is preferred.
• Use of calculators or other devices is not permitted. All personal items must be placed on the floor. Proctors may require that you place personal items in a designated area in the exam room.
• If you have an established account with ATI then you will need your username and password to log in. If you do not have an established account then you will create one at the beginning of the session.
• You will begin the exam session by making the online payment of $65.00 (effective September 2015) to ATI. (Credit or debit card only.)
About the TEAS
ATI provides information regarding the TEAS® at: http://www.atitesting.com/teas/register/ You are encouraged to review this information.
ALL QUESTIONS REGARDING ADMISSION TO THE NURSING PROGRAM AND TEAS TESTING SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE WCU SCHOOL OF NURSING.