The TEAS® is an assessment product of Academic Testing, Inc (ATI). The WCU School of Nursing Undergraduate Pre-licensure program uses applicant performance on the ATI, in addition to the ACT Residual and current collegiate grade point average, to rank applicants to the program.
WCU administers the TEAS version VI. This is also the only version currently accepted by our Nursing Department.
The test center administration fee at WCU is $40.00. This test center administration fee DOES NOT include the cost of the exam itself. Currently, the exam cost is $65 from ATI, but is subject to change without notice. This makes the total student cost for a regularly scheduled exam $105.00. Students will pay the $40 test center fee when they register and should be prepared to pay for the exam by credit card when they arrive on test day. Only credit card payments are accepted. Results of TEAS test are available as soon as the exam is complete if there are no testing irregularities to report.
Custom administered TEAS exams are offered for special circumstances only. Specific dates and times cannot be guaranteed. The test center fee for a custom appointment is $95. This administration fee DOES NOT include the cost of the exam itself. As noted above, the exam is $65 but subject to change. Like regular exam dates, please be prepared to pay for the exam itself by credit card when you arrive to take the exam. Custom testing appointments are not usually available during summer months OR when seats are available for a regular exam during the month an appointment is requested. Click on the link below to request a custom test date or email email@example.com for an appointment.
How To Register
To register for a regularly scheduled TEAS exam Click Here
To request a customized date and time administration Click Here
If you have received approval for a custom date and time Click Here to Register
(Note: Custom appointments will not be granted if seats are still available for regular scheduled exams during the same month)
How Often Can the Test be Taken?
Students must check with their program for testing requirements. THE WCU SCHOOL OF NURSING
Day of the Exam
• You must arrive on time. Late arrivals will not be admitted to the testing room.
• Photo ID is required for admission to the exam. Driver’s license is preferred.
• Use of calculators or other devices is not permitted. All personal items must be placed on the floor. Proctors may require that you place personal items in a designated area in the exam room.
• If you have an established account with ATI then you will need your username and password to log in. If you do not have an established account then you will create one at the beginning of the session.
• You will begin the exam session by making the online payment of $65.00 (effective September 2015) to ATI. (Credit or debit card only.)
About the TEAS
ATI provides information regarding the TEAS® at: http://www.atitesting.com/teas/register/ You are encouraged to review this information.
ALL QUESTIONS REGARDING ADMISSION TO THE NURSING PROGRAM AND TEAS TESTING SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE WCU SCHOOL OF NURSING.