Shared community standards remind us that we each have personal responsibility for
actions that may affect our own health and the health of our friends, colleagues,
and the broader campus community. Our collective acceptance of this shared responsibility
will be the most effective strategy we will have at our disposal in the challenging
months ahead. We know that Catamounts Care and we have developed the following set
of standards to encourage everyone to put the well-being of themselves and others
top of mind.
These standards will apply to ALL members of our campus community, including students,
faculty, staff, and visitors. Everyone must participate for our campus community to
Prevent the Spread and Protect Yourself and Others
In light of Gov. Cooper’s Friday announcement, WCU issues the following clarifications
of our catamounts care guidelines:
- Effective immediately, all capacity limits and physical distancing requirements in
campus facilities are lifted.
- Current indoor mask guidelines remain in place pending additional information from
state and system officials.
Face coverings are required in the following settings:
- All classrooms and instructional spaces (labs, simulation rooms, etc.)
- Walking inside any campus building
- Any other public indoor setting where physical distancing isn’t possible
Wash your hands properly:
- Wash your hands with soap often and use hand sanitizer - this simple activity is the
single best preventative measure you can take.
Clean and disinfect:
- Frequently touched surfaces, equipment and objects
- Shared work space and equipment after each use
- Use EPA-registered disinfectants
Feeling Sick? Stay Home:
If you have COVID-19 symptoms stay home and call your health care provider to seek
Practice Self-Care and Show Respect and Caring to All:
- Before going to class or work, check for symptoms on a daily basis using the CDC’s
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms or know you have been exposed to the virus, stay home
and call your provider to seek medical guidance.
- Follow the advice of your health care provider and voluntarily participate in medical
monitoring and contact tracing as necessary or requested.
- Sustain our community standards and help create a sense of belonging where everyone
feels welcomed and respected.
- Practice good self-care principles and care for your physical and mental health.
- Stay connected with your family and friend groups and participate in small group activities
and virtual opportunities.