- Children under twelve (12) years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Stay at least an arm's length away from the works of art and do not touch display cases, museum walls or works of art on display.
- Please do not lean on display cases with notebooks or laptops.
- Use of cell phones and personal electronics, such as an iPod, etc. are not allowed in the Museum.
- Flash photography is not permitted in the Museum.
- Shoes and shirt required at all times in the Museum.
- Do not bring drinks, coffee mugs, or food into the museum.
- Do not bring backpacks, portfolios, or instrument cases into the Museum. You may leave these items with the MuseumAttendant while you visit the museum.
Still photography is permitted for private, noncommercial use
only in the Museum's galleries devoted to the permanent collection.
Photographs cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred,
distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any
mannerwhatsoever. Photography is not permitted in special
exhibitions or areas designated as "No Photography"; works of art
on loan from private collections or other institutions may not be
Sketching, in pencil only, is permitted in all the galleries of
the WCU Fine Art Museum.
The use of ballpoint pens, ink, markers, fountain pens, or
watercolors is not permitted at any time. While sketching,
please do not hinder visitor traffic flow in the galleries. Please
do not lean on walls or display cases while sketching.
Lost & Found
If you have left something behind at the Museum, call the Lost
and Found office at 828-227-2479.
Inform the representative at the Museum front desk if you require first aid in the galleries.