Skip to main content

Tuition and Financial Aid

In the UNC system, summer school tuition is calculated per credit hour, allowing maximum flexibility for students. Most courses offered are three credit hours, with a few exceptions.

Financial Aid is available through Pell Grants.

**Summer 2019 Tuition and Fees Pending**

Summer 2018 Tuition and Fees

Student Type Resident Non-resident
Undergraduate $255.17 $408.17
Graduate $303.14 $500.14
Graduate DPT $355.14 $592.14
Graduate CSD $376.14 $536.14
Graduate DNP & CRNA $579.14 $647.14
Graduate Family Nurse Practitioner $337.14 $518.14
Graduate MA, BA, Entr. & PM $355.14 $556.14


**2019 Residence Hall Information Pending**

2018 Residence Hall Information

Summer School will be housed in Norton Road Residence Hall.

  1 Session 2 Sessions
Double $578.00 $1,156.00
Private $728.00 $1,456.00


The Academic Success Program (ASP) will be housed in Reynolds Hall.

Double $712.00
Private $897.00


The Summer Learning Communities (SLC) will be housed in Norton Road Residence Hall.

Double $712.00
Private $897.00

Is Financial Aid Available for Summer School?

Summer financial aid awards are packaged separately from fall and spring awards. Types of financial aid available for summer include Pell Grants, student and parent loans, and scholarship opportunities. Since summer semester is part of the academic year just completed, only unused eligibility for student and/or parent loans can be awarded. Your eligibility for loans also depends on your grade level, since maximum annual loan eligibility varies with grade level.

Pell Grants

We are pleased that Pell Grants are again available for summer term.  Year-round Pell allows students to receive up to 150% of their regular grant award over an academic year, allowing them to take advantage of summer classes and finish on or ahead of schedule.  As with spring and fall, students may receive 50% of their regular grant award for summer term instruction.  Summer Pell usage will not impact eligibility for the 2018 Fall semester.

Transfer Students - FASFA

If you are transferring to Western Carolina University, you may be eligible for some of the same types of aid you received at your previous school, but will still need to go through the full awarding process. To begin this process, you will need to log into your existing FAFSA to add our school code. 

To apply for summer financial aid:

  • For Summer 2018, you must have completed a 2017-18 FAFSA.
  • Undergraduate students must enroll for a minimum of six hours; graduate students must enroll for a minimum of three hours.

Log into myWCU

Office of Web Services