Get a Head Start on Your College Career!
So now that you've been accepted to WCU, why wait for fall? Get a head start on your
college career by participating in Catamount Gap! This 5-week program, running June
24-August 2, 2019, provides students the opportunity to develop a network of faculty,
staff, high-achieving upperclassman, and peers in an inclusive learning community
environment. Students will receive lots of academic support, earn 6-8 credits toward
graduation, and have fun with friends ranging from outdoor adventures to movies and
- Get a jump-start on your major or liberal studies requirements--check out our academic tracks for more info!
- Connect with other students and make lasting friendships!
- build relationships with key faculty members who will continue to support you throughout
your time at WCU.
- Earn 6-8 credits--half a semester's worth of courses--in just five weeks!
- Receive support from the Writing and Learning Commons, Math Tutoring Center, and Supplemental
- Be matched with a high-achieving peer mentor.
- Learn the ins and outs of the university during the slower-paced summer session.
- Go on a field trip! Classes have visited Duke Energy Center, the Cherokee Museum,
and the French Broad River.
- Enjoy the adventure opportunities the mountains of Western North Carolina provides
during the summer.
For more information, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Participating in STEM Enrichment? More info available via the link.
For students interested in traveling to Germany before their freshman year, check
out Catamount Gap Abroad!
2019 Catamount Gap Dates
- Move in: Monday, June 24
- WCU Orientation - June 24-25
- Summer Classes Begin - Thursday, June 27
- Summer Classes End - Friday, August 2
- Fall Classes Begin - August 19
What Former Catamount Gap Students Have to Say: