The Office of International Programs and Services provides leadership and advocacy for students and scholars through international programs and activities on campus and its surrounding community, promotes study abroad opportunities, and coordinates international-related resources for the campus community. IPS is the main hub of international engagement at WCU.
We work with students, faculty, and staff on campus, in Western North Carolina, and throughout the world to:
In cooperation with the Office of International Programs and Services (IPS) and other WCU units, explore and recommend initiatives that expand international experiences to all faculty, staff, and students; recruit faculty and students to participate in international research, study and internship; recruit talented international students and scholars to WCU; evaluate IPS programs; and develop WCU into a higher-tier global education institution for teaching, research, services, and other international activities.
1. Encourage more WCU faculty to develop high-quality faculty-led study abroad courses
2. Develop international internship opportunities for students
3. Recruit more WCU students to study and conduct internship abroad
4. Explore opportunities for faculty to teach and conduct research internationally
5. Recruit high-quality students and scholars from the global market to WCU
6. Promote WCU internationally through other creative initiatives
Once a semester or as often as needed