Department of Human Services
Office Address: 28 Schenck Parkway, Ste #300 Biltmore Park, Asheville, NC 28803
Child sexual abuse and neglect; resilience to child trauma; Motivational Interviewing training efficacy
· College of Graduate Studies Outstanding Mentor Award (2016) Appalachian State University
· College of Education Outstanding Mentor/Teacher Award (2015) Appalachian State University
· College of Education Outstanding Junior Faculty Award (2014) Appalachian State University
· Wachter-Morris, C., & Graves, E. G. (2016). Sexual Abuse Counseling (Chapter 10). In L. Cherry-Jackson & B. Erford (Eds.), Crisis Assessment, Intervention and Prevention, 2 nd Ed. New York: Merrill.
· Wachter-Morris, C., & Graves, E. G. (2013). Sexual Abuse Counseling (Chapter 9). In L. Cherry-Jackson & B. Erford (Eds.), Crisis Assessment, Intervention and Prevention, 1 st Ed. New York: Merrill.
Peer Reviewed Journals
· Graves, E. G., & Borders, L. D, Ackerman, T.A. (2016). Factors influencing resilience to child sexual abuse in college males: A quantitative investigation of qualitative themes. Journal of Counseling & Development (submitted).
· Curtis, R., Frick, M., Thompson, H., Robertson, P., Li, Y., Graves, E., & Goetz, K. (2016). Effects of an online positive psychotherapy class on future counselors: Consensual qualitative research. The Journal of Happiness & Well-Being, 4(2), 196-211. http://www.journalofhappiness.net/article/effects-of-an-online-positive-psychotherapy-class-on-future-counselors-consensual-qualitative-research
· Graves, E. G., & Watkins, R. W. (2015, July/August). Back in the driver’s seat: Patient engagement as the key to a healthy medical practice, patients, and practitioner. North Carolina Medical Journal (accepted).
· Graves, E. G. (2013). Matters of resilience: Mattering relationships and renegotiated masculinity in resilient college males with histories of child sexual abuse (Doctoral dissertation, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 2012). Dissertation Abstracts International, 73, (10-B)(E).
· Cashwell, C. S., Clarke, P. B., & Graves, E. G. (2009). Step by step: Avoiding spiritual bypass in 12 Step work. Journal of Addictions and Offender Counseling, 30, 37-48.
Non-Refereed, Statewide Publications: