Introduction to Computing
Revised: February 2014 (Mark Holliday)
The course is an introduction to programming involving creating data-driven web applications
Tables which is a data visualization tool.
3 Credit hours.
- Learn how to use Google Fusion Tables to visualize data sets.
- Learn the basics of how data-driven web applications are created in the case of applications
developed using Google Apps Script and Google Fusion Tables.
- Learn how to modify an existing Google Apps Script web application to present and
interact with a different data set.
- Learn the basics of computer programming including the concepts of variables, literals,
control flow (selection and iteration), function definition, function call, and parameter
- Google Apps Script: Web Application Development Essentials, J. Ferreira, O'Reilly
Grading procedures and factors influencing course grade are left to the discretion
of individual instructors, subject to general university policy.
Attendance policy is left to the discretion of individual instructors, subject to
general university policy.
- Introduction to using Google Fusion Tables to visualize a data set
- Part One of examining and understanding how an example data-driven web application
created using Google Apps Script and Google Fusion tables works.
- Part Two of understanding an example web application using Google Apps Script and
Google Fusion Tables
- Modifying the existing web application to display and interact with a different data