Philosophy and Religion Department
Director of Environment Science Program
Office Address: Stillwell Building, Room 232
Web Address: http://earthshine.wcu.edu
- Ph.D., Philosophy, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- M.S., Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- B.A., Liberal Arts, Bryan College, Dayton, TN
Selected Publications & Presentations
- "Bugbee’s Wilderness: Metaphysical and Montanan,” The Pluralist 8.3 (Fall 2013): 46-54
- Entry on the " Philosophy of American Wilderness" in The International Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- “The Possibility of Managing for Wilderness,” Environmental Ethics 31 (Winter 2009): 413-429.
- "Hunting Ethics: Reflections from a (Mostly) Vegetarian Hunter," Hunting and The Ivory Tower (University of SC Press, 2018).
- "Creation Care," Taking Christian Moral Thought Seriously (B&H Publishing Group, 2011)
- "On Wilderness, the Anthropocene, and the Perils of Abstraction," International Multidisciplinary Conference: The Humanities in the Age of Globization, Akaki Tsereteli Statr University in Kutaisi, Georgia, November 1, 2019