Join us for the International Studies Advising Day Meeting on November 2, 2021 at 10 am, in person in Apodaca 201 or virtually
via Zoom. Get in touch with your International Studies Advisor. If you don’t know your advisor,
you can go to your banner account where you can see all the advisors listed. Alternatively,
send Dr. Bego an email and she will let you know.
Talking points for your International Studies Advising Day Meeting:
- Do you have a second major? International Studies requires all students to have a
second major. If you haven’t declared one, talk with your Advisor.
- Have you declared a concentration? If not, please refer to our list of concentrations. Talk with your Advisor and they can make changes for you.
- Have you taken the Intro to International Studies course (INST 200)? You need that
as a pre-requisite for many other courses in the program and to graduate.
- Have you completed your Engaged Experience Requirements? What are some options (internship,
Model UN, study abroad etc.)? If you are planning to complete it next semester, your
Advisor has a form for you to fill out.
- If you are planning to graduate, make sure to apply for graduation, for all majors,
including International Studies.
Read through the International Studies course list to be prepared for your advising appointment. Also, pull up your degree audit ahead
of time and report any discrepancies to your Advisor.
If you have any questions, you can book an appointment with Dr. Ingrid Bego.