Skip to main content

Transfer Work and Graduation

How will transfer work impact graduation?

If you are completing transfer work in your final semester, you should have completed a Transient Permission Form and submitted this form to the Office of the Registrar for approval.  Be sure to submit your final transcript to WCU after your grades have been posted.  WCU does not award transfer credits from any source other than the official transcript.

How will credit by examination impact graduation?

The Office of the Registrar will accept scores for national challenge exams (such as CLEP or DSST) provided official scores are submitted for articulation to the Office of the Registrar prior to the 10th week of classes in a student's graduating semester.  Students who take a national challenge exam but do not present scores prior to the 10th week of classes in the graduating semester could still potentially have a degree conferred but should NOT expect to be permitted to participate in the graduation ceremony.

How will study abroad coursework impact graduation?

If you have completed any study abroad coursework, please make certain that you have filled out all necessary paperwork with the Office of International Programs and Services.  Not all institutions follow the same academic calendar and some international universities only print transcripts at certain times during the year.  Please ensure that your international transcript will arrive at WCU in time to be processed for your conferral.

Office of Web Services