When should I have my transcripts sent to WCU?
- Have official copies of your most current transcripts from all institutions attended
sent to WCU as soon as you are admitted.
- Building your first semester class schedule may require having prerequisite coursework
already articulated in our system.
- If you did not have a final transcript with all of your final grades and degree (if
awarded) sent, request that your previous college send to WCU as soon as it's available.
- If you are receiving a degree, the final transcript should be sent after the degree
is conferred to make sure we can award you the appropriate credit.
How do I know what transfer credit I have received?
You can view your transferred credit in myWCU by clicking on the Menu icon on page left > ACADEMIC SUCCESS > View Transfer Credits Earned Elsewhere. If no courses are shown, then your transcripts
have not yet been evaluated.
Is my transcript evaluation final?
No. If a course (with a grade of C or better) did not transfer as a specific degree
requirement, you may inquire about course transferability with your professional advisor
or the academic department of the course in question.
I went to a North Carolina community college. Can I find out what WCU credit I will
receive for my courses?
Yes, you can find out how specific NC community college courses will transfer to WCU
on the NC Community College Course Equivalencies page.
If I have an Associate's degree, will my Liberal Studies (general education) requirements
- All Liberal Studies program requirements will be waived if you have completed one of the following:
- Earned an AA or AS degree from a North Carolina Community College (NCCC)
- Completed the 44 hour General Education core at an NCCC which is certified on the
- Earned a four year degree from a UNC system school
- Other two year degrees such as the Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Fine
Arts, and Associate of General Education will not waive Liberal Studies requirements,
but your credit will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
When will I create my schedule?
- Your initial professional advisor will create a preliminary course schedule after
- Paid your enrollment deposit
- Submitted your immunization records and they are cleared by Health Services
- Completed Preregistration
- Registered for a Transfer Orientation session
- You will receive your schedule during your orientation session, and will be given
instructions and access to make changes at that time.