The Honors College offers advising for current students (undecided and declared majors)
and for those interested in pre-professional programs.
For current students:
If your major is UNDECIDED: Make an appointment with Emily Sharpe, Colin Townsend, or April Tallant before priority registration.
If your major is DECLARED: Make an appointment with your faculty advisor during their
Honors College Advising Top 5 FAQs
1. How do I declare/change my major?
Come to The Honors College and meet with an Honors advisor to declare or change your
major. We can help you determine which major is the best fit for you and your future
2. How do I calculate my GPA?
3. Who is my advisor?
You can find the name of your advisor in myWCU under Personal Services > Student Records
> View Student Information. In the list of information, you will find the name of
your primary advisor. This is the advisor you will see to obtain your Alt PIN.
4. How do I make an appointment with my advisor?
To make an appointment with an Honors advisor, log into GradesFirst. To make an appointment with your faculty advisor, contact him/her by phone, email
or door sign-up sheet.
5. How do I run a degree audit/evaluation?
Log into myWCU (http://mywcu.wcu.edu/)
- Click on the “Personal Services” tab
- Click on the “Student” tab
- Click on “Student Records”
- Click on “Degree Audit/Evaluation”
- Choose the appropriate term (if this is an option) and click submit
- You will see your current curriculum information including your major. To run a degree
audit/evaluation, click on “Generate New Evaluation” in the middle of the page at
- Select the button next to the major you wish to run an audit for and click the Generate
- Wait patiently for the audit to generate.
- Select the button next to “Detail Requirements” and click submit.
- You should now see your degree audit. Courses you still need to satisfy will appear
with a red “No” next to them.