ONIA Council Members help identify candidates and, as needed, mentor candidates for
national and international awards. Typically, ONIA Council Members:
- Direct potential candidates to meet with the ONIA Director.
- Forward information from ONIA to potential awards candidates.
- As needed, review draft application materials for revision / improvement.
- As needed, help in mock interviews.
- Occasionally meet to provide direction for ONIA.
For more information on ONIA Council Members or to become one, please contact Dr.
Ingrid Bego (firstname.lastname@example.org) / 828.227.3899
ONIA Council Members, 2020-21:
- Risto Atanasov Department Head and Associate Professor, Mathematics and Computer Science
- INGRID BEGO Director, ONIA, Associate Professor, Political Science & International Studies
- Christopher Cooper Robert Lee Madison Distinguished Professor, Political Science
- Mary Fischer Associate Director, Advising Center
- WES MILNER Director, International Programs and Services
- Dana murray patterson Director, Intercultural Affairs
- Theresa Paul Director, Center for Career and Professional Development
- Lane Perry Executive Director, Center for Community Engagement and Service Learning
- Brian Railsback Professor, English
- Ben Steere Director, Cherokee Studies, and Associate Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
- APRIL TALLANT Associate Dean, Brinson Honors College
- John Whitmire Associate Professor, Philosophy and Religion