LCEP Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why would I want to participate in the Lily Community Engagement Program?
A: LCEA recipients receive recognition at the annual Service Learning Awards, are eligible to wear a special cord at graduation (with a GPA of 3.25 or higher), and become honorary members of the Cullowhee Lily Society. Plus, the award looks great on your resume! 

Q: What is the process for receiving points?
A: To complete the LCEA, students need to earn 100 points. If you participate in a Pre-Approved Volunteer Project, you will receive an email with a link to a reflection. Simply complete the reflection within 5 business days of receiving it, and you will earn points. If you participate in an Independent Project, you will need to turn in a completed IVP timesheet in the Center for Service Learning. Once we have processed the form, we will send you an email with a link to a reflection. 

Q: How do I submit my own program as an individual?

Q: How do I submit a program on behalf of my organization?

Q: What if I am a transfer student, do I still have to complete 100 points?

Q: Can I get points for my previous community engagement work (e.g., activities I participated in prior to the LCEP)?

Q: Can I get more points if I am an organizer or leader of a community engagement activity (e.g., I am on the steering committee for Dance Marathon or the Service Chair of my fraternity/sorority)?

Q: I am doing service/community engagement work as a part of my course. Can I count this service towards my LCEP and if I can, how do I do it?
A: Yes! 

Office of Web Services