Dear Faculty members,
We are excited to welcome you back to the library! To our new faculty members, we
welcome you and will take great care to support you in your journey at Western Carolina
University. We have made some temporary changes to our services and spaces this semester
in order to comply with health and safety guidelines. The building is open to WCU,
Faculty, Staff and students (CatCard required for entry), and we continue to provide
many of our services remotely.
- Cat Card Only Entry: The building is open to users with an active/valid CatCard: students,
faculty and staff.
- The library will be open for the following hours:
Fall 2020 Hours
||1:00 pm to 9:00 pm
||7:30 am to 9:00 pm
||7:30 am to 7:00 pm
||10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- All group and individual study rooms are closed.
- No food or drink in the library.
- Furniture and technology equipment have been appropriately spaced, following the CDC’s
- Hand sanitizer is available at all service desks.
- Masks are required while in the building and are available at the Circulation Desk
for those who forgot to bring one. The library is one of several mask distribution
sites on campus.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at all service desks, as well as, “Please
Stand Here” floor stickers for promoting social distancing.
- Elevator limits are posted.
The Scholar Studio space is operating with modifications; high touch and enclosed spaces have been closed
to protect student safety.
Our Virtual Reality Room is closed. Our Systems Librarian is available to discuss other virtual reality options.
- Our circulation department is fully functional and providing book pickup service to
Friends of the Library members.
- Our interlibrary loan service is fully functional; however, delivery times may be
slower due to COVID19 impacts on USPS, UPS and FedEx. Service is also dependent upon
the limitations of other institutions current loan practices.
Reference and Instruction
- Our research and instruction librarians will continue to provide research support,
consultations, and instruction online, except when in-person assistance is necessary.
- Several librarians remain on-site to assistance students Monday through Friday.
- Chat services are available from 8 am to Midnight. Email us at email@example.com
- Online collections, databases, eBooks and streaming film services remains fully functional
and available 24/7 to faculty and students.
As we all adapt to this new normal, we, at Hunter Library are wishing you a safe and
successful semester. For questions about our services, please contact us at 828-227-7485
or Toll-free: 866-928-5424. You may also check our home page for the most current information.
In good health, wishing you a very successful semester,
Farzaneh Razzaghi, Ph.D.
Dean of Hunter Library