Skip to main content

Faculty & Staff

Responsibilities of Faculty and Staff

As a university employee it can be difficult and stressful to handle reports of sexual misconduct or violence.  The following are points to help you assist students who have experienced a traumatic experience.

  • University employees must report the crime to the University Police Department (828.227.7301) immediately.  Please see University Policy #116 for additional information.
  • Encourage the student to report the crime to the University Police Department (828.227.7301) immediately.
  • Refer the student to Counseling and Psychological Services (828.227.7469) for assessment and counseling options.

Please bear in mind that timely response is critical in these situations.  Please reach out to the University Police Department or the Student Affairs Associate Vice Chancellor/Dean of Students immediately when an incident of sexual misconduct or violence has been reported to you.

Office of Web Services