Group X class
We offer facilities, services and programs to several different users on campus and
in the community. All memberships may be purchased with cash, check, or credit cards
at the CRC during open hours (purchases will end 15 minutes before the CRC closes
each day). Full-time, benefited WCU faculty and staff are also eligible to pay through
payroll deduction. Memberships are not eligible for a refund. Student fees/membership
charges are not refunded for withdrawal or loss of privileges. Cancellation of CRC
payroll deduction memberships can be done in person at the CRC anytime the CRC is
If you have specific questions please contact us at the Campus Recreation Center,
Fee Paying Student Membership
Part-Time, Non-Fee Paying Student Membership
- Students who do not pay student activity fees (distance learners, WCU students enrolled
in internship only, etc.) may purchase a semester membership at the membership rate
listed below. Students may view whether they pay student activity fees through their
- Non-enrolled student summer memberships are available for purchase to students who
are not currently enrolled in summer school, but are enrolled for the following fall
semester. Membership is available for the entire summer or per summer session at
the rates listed below. The dates of eligibility for the entire summer membership
are the day after spring semester extending to the day before fall semester. No proration
of membership fees is available. Proof of enrollment may be required.
- Price: $60 Fall/Spring Semester, $15 for May Mini-mester, $20 for Summer Session I,
$20 for Summer Session II
Family of Student Membership
- Spouses/Partners/Dependents of students are eligible for a membership at the semester
rates listed below. Dependents must be 18 or older and still claimed as a dependent
on the student’s taxes. Family are allowed to purchase a CRC membership even if the
WCU Student is not a CRC member.
- To purchase a membership, the current student spouse/partner/dependent must be present.
The student must also provide a current student ID. Student Spouses/Partners/Dependents
need to obtain a CatCard from the CatCard Office prior to coming to register for a
membership. Proof of relationship may be required.
- Price: $70 per semester, per person
- All Western Carolina University faculty and staff currently employed by WCU are encouraged
to join the CRC. Faculty and Staff include anyone who falls into the following categories
and who have a valid WCU CatCard.
- Full-time, part-time, or temporary/hourly faculty and staff
- Interns that are not WCU students but who currently work for the benefit of WCU students
- Aramark Employees employed by WCU or Aramark and working on the WCU campus
- Americorp Vista working on WCU’s campus for the benefit of WCU students
- At the beginning of each semester, depending upon type of membership, the member can
renew their membership by paying the membership fee at the front desk. Payroll deduction
memberships are available for full-time, benefitted WCU faculty/staff. In the event
employment ceases for faculty/staff, membership will also end.
- Price: $60 per semester or $15 per month through payroll deduction
- All Western Carolina University retirees are eligible to join the CRC. At the beginning
of each semester, the member can renew their membership by paying the membership fee
at the front desk. Retiree must have a valid CatCard.
- Price: $60 per semester
Family of Faculty/Staff/Retiree Membership
- Spouses/Partners/Dependents (Family) of faculty/staff and retirees are eligible for
a membership at the semester rates listed below. Dependents must be 18-25 years old
and live in the same household as the faculty/staff/retiree. Family are allowed to
purchase a CRC membership even if the WCU faculty/staff/retiree is not a CRC member.
- To purchase a membership, the current faculty/staff/retiree and spouse/partner/dependent
must be present. The faculty/staff/retiree must also provide a current CatCard.
Spouses/Partners/Dependents need to obtain a CatCard from the CatCard Office prior
to coming to register for a membership. Full-time, benefitted WCU faculty and staff
can also do payroll deduction for memberships of spouses/partners and dependents.
If employment of a faculty/staff member ceases, membership of faculty/staff family
will also end.
- Price: $70 per semester or $17.50 per month, per person through payroll deduction
Alumni and Alumni Spouse/Partner Membership
- Alumni must have graduated from WCU. Alumni of WCU and Alumni Spouse/Partners are
eligible for a membership at the semester rates listed below.
- To purchase an alumni spouse/partner membership, the alumni and alumni spouse/partner
must be present. Both the alumni and alumni spouse/partner must obtain a CatCard
from the CatCard office prior to coming to register for a membership. Alumni spouse/partner
are allowed to purchase a membership even if the Alumni of WCU is not a member.
- Price: $160 per semester, per person
- Group Exercise memberships are only available to current CRC members. CRC members
must purchase the Group Exercise membership before attending any Group Exercise classes,
and bring their CatCard to all classes.
- Price: $10 per semester, per person
- Individuals eligible for CRC membership, regardless of current CRC membership status,
can purchase a family swim membership. Family swim allows a faculty/staff/retiree’s
spouse/partner and dependent(s) under the age of 18 to utilize open swim hours. Family
swim is $10 per semester, per family and must be purchased in the Campus Recreation
Center prior to use of family swim privileges. Family swim guidelines include the
- Spouses/partners wishing to utilize family swim privileges must obtain a WCU CatCard
prior to registering for family swim.
- Both the WCU faculty/staff/retiree/alumni/student and the spouse/partner must be present
when registering for family swim.
- A valid WCU CatCard with a Family Swim sticker must be presented to lifeguard on duty
- Family swim hours are the same as open swim hours, which are up-to-date on CRW’s website
and may vary day-to-day.
- Participants in family swim are subject to all pool policies and procedures.
- Price: $10 per semester, per family
- Aqua Exercise memberships are only available to current CRC non-members. Individuals
eligible for CRC membership but who choose not to be a member of the CRC, can purchase
an Aqua Exercise membership directly through CRW for the price listed below. Individuals
not eligible for CRC membership must register for Aqua Exercise through educational
outreach and pay community pricing. Participants in Aqua exercise are subject to
all pool policies and procedures.
- Price: $25 per semester, per person
The primary purpose of day memberships are to accommodate friends and relatives of
WCU students and CRC members. Secondary audiences for guest passes are University
guests (such as short-term conference guests, guests of WCU departments, or visiting
faculty/staff). In these instances, Arrangements for secondary audiences must be made
in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and proof of involvement in workshop, conference, etc. is required.
- Guests are required to have a sponsor who is a current CRC member. CRC members must
be present at the time of transaction, provide their 92# or university ID#, and have
a valid CatCard.
- University guests that would like to use the CRC must have the sponsoring department
contact CRW at least 24 business hours prior to their visit at email@example.com.
- Individuals who are eligible for semester membership (Ex: Visiting Alumni, WCU Retiree,
etc.) or payroll deduction membership are not required to have a sponsor. This allows
individuals eligible for membership to purchase a day membership before purchasing
a semester membership.
- CRC members may bring up to 2 guests per day.
- Day memberships are available for purchase at the CRC front desk.
- Guests must sign a liability waiver/assumption of risk form and must have a photo
driver’s license or government issued photo identification with address and proof
of age (Must be 18 years of age).
- CRW reserves the right to approve or deny any day membership transaction.
- Members are responsible for the actions of their guests. If a guest does not adhere
to the policies and procedures of CRW facilities, the member can be held responsible
and the guest may be asked to leave. The guest’s sponsor will be responsible for
checking out any equipment and be held responsible for damages to equipment and/or
to CRW facilities caused by his/her guest(s).
- Day memberships are for CRC and Reid Pool facility access only.
- 3-day and 7-day memberships are only for consecutive days. Days when the CRC and
Reid Pool are closed will not count toward the consecutive day count.
- A guest cannot sponsor another guest.
- 1 Day: $5
- 3 Days: $10
- 7 Days: $15
- Access to the Campus Recreation Center during open hours of operation, including:
- All fitness equipment
- 2 multi-purpose courts
- 3 lane indoor jogging/walking track (1/8 mile)
- 2 group exercise studios
- Climbing wall and adventure shop
- Access to daily equipment and locker checkout with the CRC.
Reid Pool Access
- Any WCU faculty, staff, student, retiree or CRC member with a valid CatCard can access
the pool during Open Swim Hours for free.
- Family swim allows a faculty/staff/retiree’s spouse/partner and dependent(s) under
the age of 18 to utilize open swim hours. Family swim is $10 per semester, per family
and must be purchased in the Campus Recreation Center prior to use of family swim
- Community members who are not affiliated with WCU, cannot use the pool during Open
Swim Hours. However, community members can purchase an Aqua Exercise pass which grants
access to that program (see below for program details).
- Access to the Group Exercise program is available to any CRC member, and can be purchased
for $10 per semester.
- Access to the Intramural Sports program is available to any WCU faculty, staff, student
with a valid CatCard for free. Spouses can purchase a Intramural Sports pass for $10
- Access to Personal training is available to any CRC member, and can be purchased at
the CRC. See Fitness and Wellness website for pricing information.
- Access to Base Camp Cullowhee trips and equipment rentals is available to any WCU
faculty, staff or student with a valid CatCard.