Acceptance for Class as a Practitioner

Practitioners will not receive university credit. Completion certificates and continuing education transcripts will be distributed by Educational Outreach. Review the information below to see if you are eligible.

  1. Practitioners with a master's degree are not eligible for the graduate certificate BUT may take any or all of the courses designed to meet the NCSAPPB substance abuse specific educational requirements for the substance abuse practice licensure. Practitioners should have a master’s degree in a human services field (e.g. social work, psychology, counseling, etc).

  2. Practitioners with a bachelor's degree will be considered under the following circumstances: (1) personal interview with Substance Abuse Certificate Program Coordinator. (2) active employment in the substance abuse field.

Please contact Beth Young at for a review. A certificate will be issued upon satisfactory completion of each course. NOTE: NO COLLEGE CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN FOR THE COURSES for practitioners.

After your consultation with Beth Young, and if you have met the requirements, you may register for each course below:

  • Addictions
  • Cultural Competence in Substance Abuse Treatment
  • Science of Addiction
  • Methods of Substance Abuse Treatment
Office of Web Services