Western Carolina University (WCU) partners with Landmark Learning to award academic
degree credit for an approved course.
Credit hours will be awarded on the basis of 15 hours of in-class time per credit
hour or other measure conforming to the requirements of the Southern Association of
Colleges and Schools and the UNC Board of Governors.
Students who wish academic credit should follow the procedure below.
- Compete a WCU Application for Admission and pay a $65 application fee. This is a one-time fee and will not be required of
a student who has recently been admitted to WCU. Please be sure to complete the entire
application. Incomplete applications may cause delays. This fee is non-refundable.
- Pay application fee and tuition online
- Students must meet the WCU admission criteria as determined by the WCU Office of Admissions.
- Pay a fee equal to the amount of credit desired (6 or 9 credit hours). Should the
student not be eligible for admission to WCU, the course cost will be refunded.
- If you desire a transcript to be sent at the end of the course (after grades are posted),
complete the transcript request. A signature is required.
- Scan the application and transcript request and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Landmark Course" in the subject line. If you are unable to scan the information,
you may fax it to 828-227-7115, attn: Dr. Fouts.
If you have questions about this process, email Dr. Fouts at email@example.com.
A limited number of rooms may be available on the campus of WCU for the duration.
These rooms must be paid in advance and will be in Robertson hall. Interested individuals
should email firstname.lastname@example.org.