The Western Carolina University Alumni Association was formed in 1893. Today’s association
strives to meet the following purposes:
- Further the ideals and aims of the university
- Augment the revenues of the university
- Strengthen its programs of teaching, research, and service
- Promote the general welfare of Western Carolina University through a strong alumni
You can make a difference, too. Come join us.
Who can join? According to Article 1, Section III of the Constitution of the Western
Carolina University Alumni Association, the following persons are eligible for membership:
- Holders of a degree or diploma from Western Carolina University, or any of its predecessors.
- Persons who have completed any credit course or formal program and are no longer enrolled
as undergraduate students at the University.
- Present and past members of the faculty, present and past administrators, and the
Board of Trustees of the University.
- Any person showing an interest in promoting the goodwill of Western Carolina University
shall be considered a friend of the University and should be added to the Alumni Association’s
roles. Friends of the University shall not be entitled to vote in any alumni chapter
or Association election but shall enjoy all other privileges of the Association.
- Any person who has rendered distinguished service to the University may be elected
to be an honorary member of the Association in the following manner: nomination of
honorary members shall be made in writing by any five (5) members of the Alumni Board,
which nomination shall be read at the first meeting of the Alumni Board following
such nomination. The nomination shall then remain without action until the next regular
meeting of the Alumni Board at which time the nomination may be called up for a vote
by any member of the Alumni Board present and, if passed, be a member of the Association.
Honorary members shall not be entitled to vote in any alumni chapter or Association
election but shall enjoy all other privileges of the Association.
For more information on membership, contact Marty Ramsey.