The Legacy Pinning ceremony is held annually to honor incoming Western Carolina Legacy students and their family members during WCU’s Family Weekend. It offers an alumnus/a the opportunity to “pin” their incoming student with a special legacy pin that denotes their WCU heritage. This event is open to all incoming students, first-year and transfer alike who qualify as a Legacy student. RSVP
* Please RSVP with the names of your guests, who will pin you, and their relation to you by Wednesday, September 13, 2023.
Any incoming student who has at least one parent, stepparent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, sibling, or active mentor who is an alum of WCU’s undergraduate, or graduate program is considered a Legacy student.
This event celebrates WCU alumni parents, grandparents, and family members of currently enrolled WCU students and the added bond that comes from being members of the Catamount family.
First-year students that have self-identified as a Legacy Student and their parents. The invitation to students will be sent to their student email address. If you are Legacy student or family member or have not received your email invitation by August 30th, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com, or call 828-227-7335.
Registration opens in August of each year.
*Registration is currently open!
Business casual is recommended
Yes! If your Legacy student missed a previous year and you would like to attend this year, please call 828.227.7335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. RSVP's are currently open. All first-year Legacy students will receive an email invitation to the ceremony.
2. The student and three of their guests are invited for a complimentary breakfast. Additional guests are welcomed to attend at a cost of $10 per person. Please review the WCU Advancement Event Refund Guidelines if you need to cancel your registration.
3. As space is limited there will be no on-site registration available.
4. Please arrive on time per the instructions in your event emails. This event follows a scheduled program.
1. The Legacy Pinning Ceremony takes place in the Liston B. Ramsey Activity Center on campus. Parking Directions
* Please arrive early to this event, as parking is limited due to also being a game day.