Skip to main content

Current Students


Students with a valid Cat Card are admitted to WCU-sponsored athletic events on the Cullowhee campus at no charge.


Many faculty utilize the online course management tool Blackboard as a supplement to in-class work. To access Blackboard, visit Username and password are identical to your MyWCU account access.


The University Bookstore sets up a Biltmore Park location with textbooks, school supplies, and university apparel during the first week of each semester. Hours may be found at Students may also purchase textbooks and merchandise online at

Items purchased online may be shipped to the student’s home address for a minimal fee. Students may also request shipment to the WCU Biltmore Park office at no charge. Book buyback occurs during exam week at WCU Biltmore Park. Book buyback hours may also be found online.

Cancellation of Classes

Announcements about the cancellation of classes due to inclement weather will be posted on the university’s website and an email will be sent to your university account. Students should check Blackboard for further instructions from their instructors.

Career Services

Career planning and job placement assistance are available from the WCU Center for Career and Professional Development. For services, go to or call 828.227.7133. Hours at WCU Biltmore Park may be found at

Computer/IT Support

For computer assistance, please call WCU’s IT Help Desk toll-free at 828.227.7487, Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., or by email at You can also visit WCU’s Information Technology website at For Blackboard assistance, call the live support hotline at 866.374.8144.

An IT staff member is available in person Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., and Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on the first floor in WCU BP 113. Additional hours are added at certain times of the semester.

Copiers and Printers

All copiers and printers at Biltmore Park use PawPrint and require payment with your CatCard. You may deposit money on your CatCard online at BannerUPay. Online deposits to your account should be applied within an hour.

Counseling Services

WCU is committed to providing for the emotional health of its community and its members. Counseling for students is available on a short-term basis at no cost at WCU Biltmore Park or on the Cullowhee campus. Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is staffed by licensed mental health providers who specialize in college mental health. Hours at WCU Biltmore Park are on Mondays by appointment only. Cullowhee hours are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. For an appointment at either location, please contact CAPS at 828.227.7469.


Discounts are available at a number of restaurants and shops in Biltmore Park. Students should present their CatCard to receive discounts. For a list of participating restaurants at Biltmore Park: WCU at Biltmore Park Student Discounts


All students receive Catamount Mail accounts that can be accessed through myWCU. It is the official method for university communications including messages concerning notifications and alerts. Due to increased security measures, students are not able to forward their Catamount Mail to another address. More information can be found at If you do not know your Catamount email address, please call the IT Help Desk at 828.227.7487, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Have your student ID (92 number) ready. They will assist you in locating your email address and password as needed.

Food Pantry

The food pantry is located on the third floor beside the south stairwell (across from RM 335) and is stocked with a number of food necessities as well as some non-food items like cleaners and diapers. Everything in the pantry is free and the pantry will operate on an honor system. There is no need to register or check-in, though we do ask you to put an anonymous tally mark on the clipboard in the pantry each time you visit. That is simply so we can track the number of students served.

Health Insurance

All students enrolled in a degree-seeking program, AND enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours, AND required to pay the student health fee are required by the UNC system to have medical insurance coverage. There is a sponsored plan through the UNC system in which each eligible student will be automatically enrolled at the beginning of both the fall and spring semester. The premium to cover the cost of the plan is then placed on the student’s WCU account.

If you are covered by another insurance plan, you can opt to waive out of the mandatory UNC plan by clicking the “How to Waive” button found on the website located at You must complete the waiver process as directed by submitting the necessary insurance information requested.

Health Services

Health Services is available at WCU Biltmore Park or on the Cullowhee campus. Health Services’ hours at WCU Biltmore Park may be found at Cullowhee hours are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please call University Health Services at 828.227.7640 to schedule an appointment. Throughout the semester, University Health Services will also sponsor health-related events, such as flu shot clinics, at WCU Biltmore Park. Please watch for those announcements via email.

Identification Cards (CatCard)

All students enrolled at WCU Biltmore Park should secure a WCU CatCard. The CatCard is the official Western Carolina University identification card. It is a picture ID that identifies you as a student at WCU. The CatCard is your pass to attend athletic and cultural events and allows you to check out books and other materials out of any state-supported university library. It also allows you to use PawPrint (our university copiers and printers), the WCU Biltmore Park Fitness Area, and to access the stairwell entrances. The CatCard office is available during orientation at WCU Biltmore Park. Otherwise, to obtain a CatCard, email a head and shoulder photo with your name, student ID number (92 number), and birth date to Please include your address and instructions for mailing.


Hunter Library at WCU is an important resource for your academic success. Many of the library’s holdings are now available online, including electronic books and journals, and each discipline has its own library subject expert. You can get help from a librarian night or day via live chat, email, or in-person consultation. Visit the library’s kiosk in the Student Commons on the 3rd floor to visit with a librarian during office hours or quickly locate more information.

Learn more about Hunter Library Resources at Biltmore Park


Research Assistance

Hunter Library offers research assistance in person, by phone, or through online chat. For help, visit: or call Hunter Library’s Reference Desk toll-free at 866.928.5424. You can also contact the librarian who specializes in your subject field for customized help with major research projects. If you have an in-depth project, you can arrange for a virtual or in-person meeting with your subject librarian.

Faculty teaching at Biltmore Park may contact their subject librarians to schedule research workshops. Online research guides for every subject are available at You may also call Hunter Library’s Reference Desk toll-free at: 866.928.5424.


Library Digital Access

Many thousands of scholarly journals and e-books are available through the Library Catalog and library databases. To use library online resources remotely, you will be prompted to enter your name and student ID (or 92) number. Hundreds of databases and hundreds of thousands of eBooks are also available to you online. To locate databases by title or subject, visit Most databases contain full-text articles or citations with abstracts. Specialized databases help you locate statistics, encyclopedia articles, journal articles, government documents, and more. You can use these databases either at Biltmore Park or from home. To connect from home you need to know your student ID (or 92) number.


Library Print Materials

You will need a WCU CatCard to check books out and to use materials placed on reserve by your professors. You may keep books for three weeks and renew for additional three-week intervals. You can renew materials online: Print materials may be requested from the WCU, UNC Asheville and Appalachian State University (ASU) collections via the ABC Express (Asheville, Boone, Cullowhee) service. Simply locate the material you want in the online library catalog and click “request item” to place your request online. Students at the WCU Biltmore Park location can have materials delivered by courier on Tuesday and Thursday by choosing Biltmore Park as the delivery location when placing a request through the library catalog. Please take note of these cut-off times for Biltmore Park delivery:

To receive materials at Biltmore Park for Tuesday delivery, your request must be submitted no later than 5 pm on the previous Sunday.

To receive materials at Biltmore Park on Thursday, they must be requested by 5 pm on the previous Tuesday.


Library Print Materials via Interlibrary Loan (ILL)

If you need a book that is not available at WCU, ASU, or UNC Asheville (i.e., you can’t find it in the Library Catalog), you may request it using an interlibrary loan request form which you can find at hunter-library/library-services/interlibrary-loan. To receive ILL materials at Biltmore Park, choose Biltmore Park as the delivery location when you submit your request. Interlibrary loan materials will be delivered to Biltmore Park on the next courier delivery after they have been received at WCU and processed by interlibrary loan staff. Library materials for distance students outside of Jackson and Buncombe Counties can be mailed. Borrowers will be responsible for return postage.


myWCU is a web portal system that is fully integrated with the university’s student records system. It allows you to obtain up-to-the-minute information on course offerings, your academic record, billing statements, and financial aid information. myWCU gives you control over your class schedule by allowing you to add and drop courses in compliance with the university calendar. Among other options, you have the ability to do the following:

• Drop and add courses
• Print enrollment certification
• View your schedule
• View and pay your student bill
• View and update address information
• View holds
• View grades
• View your institutional coursework and degree audit
• View transfer credit


Parking permits are not required at WCU Biltmore Park. Students, faculty, and staff are required to park on levels 2 or higher in the parking garage behind 28 Schenck Parkway. Please do not park in “visitor” spaces or in retail spaces on the street. WCU vehicles in those spaces may be towed.

Public Safety

Biltmore Park Town Square officers maintain 24-hour security. They are happy to provide assistance, including walking students to their vehicles after classes. For assistance, call Biltmore Park Security at 828.450.6993.

In the event of a crime, always call APD dispatch 828.252.1110 first. In the event of an emergency, always call 911 first.

Recreation and Wellness

Students have access to all Campus Recreation & Wellness facilities, which include the Recreation & Wellness Center at WCU Biltmore Park in Room 339 as well as on the main campus in Cullowhee. The Recreation & Wellness Center at WCU Biltmore Park is self-service and is open during WCU Biltmore Park’s normal operating hours. Additional information about upcoming recreational activities on the main campus is available at


Dates, class schedules, and instructions for registration are available online through your myWCU account or at the Registrar’s website: Questions about your course plan should be directed to your advisor or program point of contact.

Student Collaborative and Break Areas

The Student Commons (3rd Floor) and Co-Working (1st Floor) areas offer places to rest, study, and meet. The student break area on the third floor includes the use of a refrigerator, microwave, sink, water fountains, Keurig single-cup brewing system, and snack and drink vending machines. Disposable cups and beverage condiments are provided for tea and coffee. The building's main lobby on the ground floor also includes a furnished area for studying and breaks. Picnic tables are available outside. Flatware and dishes are not provided.

Study Spaces and Conference Rooms

There are six study/conference rooms available for student group study use on the third floor. They must be reserved by contacting the administrative office. To reserve, please visit office 348 or call 828.654.6529 or visit the 1st-floor Administrative Office or call 828.654.6498. Some are equipped with large monitors that may be connected to your laptop or may be used with a wireless keyboard and mouse which can be checked out at the admin office. Small conference rooms can be booked 24 hours in advance, for 2 hours blocks at a time. Rooms may be subject to additional restrictions during times of high demand during the semester. Students will be notified by email about any policy changes regarding study space. Additionally, there are four student study pods in the Co-Working Area on the first floor that are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Veterans' Affairs

Military students, those currently serving and veterans, who have questions concerning VA education benefits (GI Bill) or any other military-related issues should contact WCU's Office of Military Student Services at or 828.227.7397.

Writing Assistance and Tutoring

The Writing and Learning Commons (WaLC) provides limited one-on-one, writing assistance in Cullowhee and, when possible, at Biltmore Park. Students are encouraged to use Brainfuse online tutoring services and WaLC's online resources, which included many useful tools such as citation guides, assignment strategies, and grammar rules. To access WaLC's online resources or make a tutoring appointment, visit and click on the Services and Resources menu.

Office of Web Services