Skip to main content

Property Acquisition and Leasing Office



Welcome to the Property Acquisition and Leasing Office at Western Carolina University. We stand ready to help our University constituents with all real estate needs. The PAL Office reports directly to the Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance.

Mission Statement

The mission of Western Carolina University’s Property Acquisition and Leasing Office is to provide an outstanding level of service, efficiency, and expertise in the real estate operations of the University in support of the campus’ principal functions of instruction, research, and community service.

Does Your Department Need More Space?

All real property transactions, including lease requests for space off campus, must be received and evaluated by the WCU Property Acquisition and Leasing Office and reviewed and approved by the Property Review Committee. The required process is easy to follow:

If your department needs long-term space (more than a one-time use), for any University use, you must first try to obtain that space on campus by working with the Office of Institutional Planning and Effectiveness.  The goal of the University is to maximize resources and be efficient in financial costs by using space on campus, if possible.

If OIPE determines that space to meet the requestor’s needs is not available on campus, the requesting department will be referred to the Property Acquisition and Leasing Office. Find the Off Campus Space Request Form here. After submitting the completed form, the Property Office will contact you for any additional information that is needed.

If the need for space is deemed to be justified, funded, and approved, the University Property Officer will process the request to seek the approvals required by applicable State Statute and UNC System Office policies and procedures. The WCU Property Acquisition and Leasing Operations and Procedures Manual for Real Property Transactions provides the detailed procedures which will be followed in completing your request.

 Do You Have Property to Sell or Donate?

If so, please contact the University Property Officer, Terri L. Cartner or 336.215.4328.

Office of Web Services