Skip to main content

Award Forms

Student Forms

Outside Scholarship Notification - Students selected to receive scholarships from outside sources are required to notify us of their awards, regardless of whether the check will be issued to the student or to the university.

Please complete and submit the Outside Scholarships Reporting Form (Form 103).

This is an electronic form and will require you to login using your WCU login credentials. Once the form has been submitted, we will then add your scholarship to your financial aid award and the estimated scholarship amount will be credited to your account. Once the actual scholarship funds arrive, the estimate will be switched over to paid and if a refund is due, it will be issued at that time.

Scholarship checks should be mailed to: WCU Financial Aid Office, 104 Cordelia Camp, 1 University Drive, Cullowhee, NC 28723. Fax: (828)227-7042. Phone: (828)227-7290.

Please visit our Outside Scholarship FAQ page for more information.

Student Athlete Outside Scholarship Certification - This form is required of students who will be participating on one of our intercollegiate athletic teams. Separate forms must be submitted for each outside scholarship you will be receiving.

Donor Forms

If you are providing scholarship assistance for a Western Carolina University student, please submit the Outside Scholarship Donor Form to our office.  This form enables us to appropriately disburse scholarship funds by receiving the following information from you:

The term(s) in which the funds are to be disbursed (fall, spring, summer A or summer B; split evenly fall/spring, etc.):  Please note that our usual practice is to split academic year funds evenly between fall and spring semesters.

Donor name, address, contact phone number and an e-mail address (if available):  In the event that the student withdraws before receiving the funds or does not enroll, we will need to return the funds to the donor.

Enrollment status: Is the student required to be enrolled fulltime (12 hours for undergraduate students and 9 hours for graduate students) or is the student eligible to receive the funds with less than fulltime enrollment?

Faculty and Staff Forms

The Institutional Award Sheet should be submitted by the awarding department in order to post scholarships to accounts for students.  Please be sure to include the Banner account number provided by the Development Office and the full name of the scholarship on the form.

Office of Web Services