Previous Graduate Education Summit Topics:
2017: "Enriching the Graduate Student Experience through Scholarship, Research and
- Dr. James Costa, Executive Director, Highlands Biological Station
- John Connet, City Manager, City of Hendersonville, NC
- Dr. Douglas Keskula, Dean of the College of Health and Human Sciences, Western Carolina
- Dr. Pamela Mims, Associate Dean of Research, Clemmer College of Education, East Tennessee
Group Breakout Summary
2016: "Engagement: External Validation and Graduate Career Placement"
- Mark Garber, Human Resources Consultant to the Asheville area for Medical Facilities
of America, Past-President of the North Carolina Healthcare Human Resources Association
- Brant Price, Senior Engineer, Borg Warner
- Kristopher Reis, Principal, School of Alternatives
- Sallie Taylor, Chief Exhibitions Officer, The Bascom Center for the Visual Arts
- Sarah Thompson, Director of Planning and Development,Southwestern Commission
- Jeremiah Wiggins, Regional Director, Harrah's
2015: "Finding the Balance: Rigorous Content Instruction & Research vs. Preparing
Watch a video from the Graduate Education Summit
2014: "Assessment and Programs of Excellence"
Keynote Speaker: Dean Robert Augustine, Eastern Illinois University and 2013 Chair
of Board of Directors of the Council of Graduate Schools
2013: "Pathways Through Graduate School to Careers"
Keynote Speaker: Dean Maureen Grasso, University of Georgia and Council of Graduate
Schools Executive Board Member