For computer information, services and assistance please refer to WCU's Help Desk
by calling toll-free 1-866-928-7487 between 8 am - 5 pm or emailing email@example.com. Or, visit the WCU Information Technology webpage. For the 24/7 Blackboard live support hotline, call 1-866-374-8144.
1. Go to the WCU home page
2. Select "Blackboard" towards the top of the page
3. Select "Click here to log in"
4. Your username is your WCUid username (everything before the @ )
5. Your password is your WCUid password
All classes you are registered for will appear on your class list by the first day of class. If you have problems logging into Blackboard or accessing your courses, please contact the 24-hour Blackboard Support Hotline at 1-866-374-8144.
Catamount mail is the official method for University/student communications including
messages, notifications and alerts. Your account must undergo an initialization process
when first accessed.
To activate your Catamount mail account:
1. Go to http://email.wcu.edu
2. Type in your username and password (will be first part of your catamount email before the @ and you regular password)
3. You may be prompted to either enroll in multi factor authentication (https://standard.wcu.edu/MfaStatus/) or you will have to have a code sent to another device to log in
4. Following this you should be able to access your email account from the specific device you are currently using without having to do step 3
If you need to reset your password, you should visit: https://www.wcu.edu/it/its/password-management/
Once you set up your e-mail account you will also be able to access your e-mail from your MyWCU homepage.
WCU's Information Technology Department offers free downloads of Microsoft Office, Symantec Antivirus and other utilities for all enrolled students. Visit the IT Software Download webpage for additional information.
myWCU is a web portal system that is fully integrated with the University's student records system. It allows you to obtain up-to-the-minute information on course offerings, your academic record, billing statements, and financial aid information. myWCU gives you control over your class schedule by allowing you to add and drop courses in compliance with the University calendar. You can do the following in myWCU:
In order to facilitate the production of your WCU identification card (Cat Card),
please submit a recent digital photo of yourself (no pictures with hats or sunglasses)
in JPEG or Bitmap format. Please email the photo along with your name, WCU student
ID number, date of birth and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cat Cards allow you to check out materials from the library, and student identification
cards also provide students with discounts at a variety of restaurants. Even though
you may not think you'll ever need this ID - you'll be surprised, so order your Cat
Card today, it's free!