If you become the victim of, or a witness to, a hate or bias-related incident - racial or otherwise - please do the following to document the incident the best you can:
- If you experience a written slur or discover graffiti, do not erase the text. The police will need to see it.
- If you have a camera or cell phone camera, take a picture of the evidence, any physical injuries sustained, license plate, or anything else relevant.
- If the incident is verbal, please write down exactly what was said to the best of your recollection.
- Retain the contact information of any possible witnesses.
- Speed and accuracy are critical, so please act immediately!