THESE PROGRAMS OPEN ON JULY 1, 2015 FOR SUMMER BRIDGE PROGRAM STUDENTS. FOR FIRST TIME FRESHMEN AND TRANSFER STUDENTS FOR FALL 2015, THESE PROGRAMS WILL BE AVAILABLE AUGUST 1, 2015.
As you may know, Western Carolina University (WCU) has partnered with EverFi, whose mission is to help students address critical life skills such as alcohol abuse and sexual assault prevention. Each year over ½ million students complete these courses.
As part of our comprehensive prevention program for new students, WCU expects you to complete AlcoholEdu and Haven. These online courses will empower you to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect your college years and beyond.
Alcoholedu and Haven are mandatory. WCU will utilize registration holds if students have not finished programs by assigned due dates.
Other Important Information:
• You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
• To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser released within the previous two years.
• You may take the course(s) in multiple sittings.
• The courses may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students' attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students' answers.
• Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the "Help" link within the course.
Thank you, and enjoy the courses!
Department of Student Community Ethics
ALL STUDENTS THAT ARE REQUIRED TO TAKE ALCOHOLEDU AND HAVEN WILL HAVE INSTRUCTIONS SENT TO THEIR CATAMOUNT EMAILS.