The DSCE Faculty Fellow Program links the University’s commitment to academic excellence and personal responsibility. This program seeks to provide opportunities and incentives for faculty fellows to explore and implement academic integrity initiatives into the living and learning community of Western Carolina University.
DSCE Faculty Fellow Position Duties:
- Participate in DSCE orientation, hearing officer training sessions, and New Faculty Orientation beginning as early as August 1, with flexibility given to summer/fall schedules
- Assist in the adjudication of Academic Dishonesty cases and in the development of additional hearing options for the resolution of Academic Dishonesty cases.
- Integrate the concept of honor and integrity with WCU students’ area of study and/or professional aspirations
- Assist in the planning and development of Academic Integrity programs and activities
- Act as a member of the DSCE and meet as necessary
- Assist in the development of an annual campus wide program, i.e. Academic Integrity Day
- Hold office hours each week in Scott East.
- Serve as an advocate for the DSCE
- Assist faculty members and the academic community with questions and issues
- Actively integrate these ideals as a component in one or more of classes being taught
- Coordinate and facilitate one in-service training session for faculty per semester
- Conduct research through professional organizations and other schools
- Assist in assessment and research efforts.
Faculty Fellow Application (Word)