Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
The material provided in this website is intended for informational and educational purposes and is not meant to replace face-to-face counseling. CAPS does not provide counseling services through electronic means (e.g., online counseling). We place your privacy, urgency of assistance, and confidentiality as a top priority, so we recommend that you contact us directly at (828) 227-7469 for assistance. Here are our electronic communication policies. We suggest you review these if you have any privacy concerns.
Monday - Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Student Health 101
**And then check out even more student resources!!
- "NEW" HOURS - How to access CAPS Services in Spring & Fall Semester (between 11a.m. -2 p.m., arrive no later than 1:15 p.m.). Come EARLY!
- "NEW" Groups Flyer - Spring 2014 (PDF) See individual flyers below for more information.
- Group - Catamounts Kick Butts! - Spring 2014 Flyer (PDF)
- Group - Living Mindfully Spring 2014 Flyer (PDF)
- Group - Motivated to Moderate Alcohol Use - Spring 2014 Flyer (PDF)
- GROUP - PRIME For Life - Spring 2014 Flyer (PDF)
- Group - Rainbow Room Spring 2014 Flyer (PDF)
- Doctoral Psychology
Internship Program Brochure (PDF)
- Doctoral internship video for a tour
- Masters-Level Practicum and Advanced Practicum