The WCU Campus Recreation & Wellness schedules Reid Swimming Pool.
Please read the frequently asked questions prior to following the pool reservation steps listed below.
1. How large can my group be? We do not allow groups larger than 70 people. In addition, as the number of people
increases so does the lifeguard cost. One lifeguard is needed per 35 people. Anything
over 35 will need two lifegaurds. Lifeguards cost $10.00 per hour per lifeguard.
2. What type of pool is available? Reid Pool is a six lane 25-yard pool located in Reid Gym. It is most often utilized by the HHP Department, Campus Recreation Center, and on-campus groups. The locker rooms are connected to the pool area.
3. Do you allow pool parties? Please contact the WCU Campus Recreation Center for any special requests. Special requests will be considered based on lifeguard coverage, pool availability, and the specifications desired by the requesting group.
4. Do you accomodate community groups? Yes, if space is available after on campus groups are scheduled. All community groups MUST contact Shauna Sage, Associate Director, at 828-227-8803. The Campus Recreation Center handles all community contracts and scheduling for community groups.
5. What times are usually available? Availability depends on the time of year. Priority is given to Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Classes followed by the WCU Campus Recreation Center. Campus Departments and groups are then prioritized followed by community groups.
6. Why can't my group use the pool during lap/rec swim time? The students pay student fees to have the opportunity to utilize the pools. Therefore, they are a paying group. As an educational insitution, we will always give students first priority.
7. What are the costs associated with using the pool? Community groups pay an administration fee to be determined based on the amount of pool usage, contract requirements, etc. The typical cost of the administration fee is $50.00. Campus groups are not subject to the administration fee. Every group must pay for the lifeguard(s). the cost is $10.00 per hour per lifeguard, which depends on the size of the group.
- If you are an outside group (community based), please contact Shauna Sleight at 227-8803.
- If you are an on-campus group, please use the Resource 25 reservation system. If you
are unaware of how to use this system, please follow these steps.
1. You must be a faculty or staff member to request a space.
2. Pull up the webviewer located at http://r25web.wcu.edu/wv3
3. Open the following pdf file and follow the instructions to reserve a space.