Campus Recreation Center & Pool Policies
Campus Recreation Center
- You must have a valid CatCard to enter the faciilty. No Card.....No entrance.
- Fitness Staff are available to assist patrons with equipment usage questions.
- Individualized exercise programs are designed by our Certified Personal Trainers. Please complete the registration form located in the Personal Training brochure. Visit the Personal Training web page for more information.
- Chalk, gum, food, or drink, are not allowed in the equipment area. A lounge area is located outside the free weight area next to vending. Water bottles are allowed.
- Tobacco products of any kind (including smokeless tobacco and cigarettes) are not allowed in the Campus Recreation Center or within 50 feet of the facility.
- Appropriate workout apparel and athletic footwear must be worn while using the CRC. Work boots, sandals, flip-flops, jeans, and "sweat producing" apparel are not acceptable.
- For safety purposes, please do not use weights on the cardiovascular equipment. Please have a spotter in the free weight area.
- Please wipe down padded equipment with the equipment cleaner solution and / or towel after each use.
- Individuals must enter and exit from the main Campus Recreation Center doors. The doors in other areas of the facility are emergency exits only.
- During peak periods, please be courteous to others regarding the length of time spent on the cardiovascular equipment. After 20 minutes, please move to another piece of equipment.
- Western is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Belongings must be kept out of the Equipment & Recreation areas. Day lockers are available at no charge. Locked cubbies are located throughout the facility. Please grab a token at the control desk for use in the cubbies.
- Harrassment of University students, faculty, staff, and / or guests or willful destruction of Campus Recreation Center property will result in loss of faciilty privileges.
- Management reserves the right to deny use privileges to any individual who endangers other patrons or themselves.
- The pool will close in the case of inclement weather. The guard will alert patrons of the storm, and clear the pool. Please note that closing of the pools during storms is to ensure patron safety.
- Valid CatCards must be presented to the Lifeguard at the Lifeguard stand upon entrance to the pool area. No Card.....No entrance.
- Water bottles are allowed in the pool areas. Food, drink, chewing tobacco, or smoking are not allowed.
- Appropriate bathing suits / apparel must be worn while using the pools. Untorn and pre-washed t-shirts may be worn in the pool if desired.
- Goggles, fins, and snorkels may be used in the pool. For safety purposes, please do not use masks that cover the nose.
- Showers must be taken prior to entering the pool.
- No shoes are allowed on the pool deck. Please remove shoes in the locker room prior to entering the pool area.
- No public displays of affection are allowed in the pool.
- No inward, reverse, twisting, flips or back dives are allowed off the side of the pool. All dives / jumps off the side of the pool must be straight out from the side. The diving area must be clear before an individual dives.
- Patrons must obey all posted policies and signs.
- Individuals must enter and exit from the locker room doors only. The side exit doors in the pool area are emergency exits only.
- During peak periods, please be courteous to others and remain in your lane. At times, sharing a lane may be necessary.
- Western is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Belongings must be kept out of the pool area. Day lockers are available from the equipment cage.
- Harassment of University students, faculty, staff, and / or guests or willful destruction of Campus Recreation Center property will result in loss of facility privileges.
- Management reserves the right to deny use privileges to any individual who endangers
other patrons or themselves.