The A.K. Hinds University Center has a number of rooms available for reservation by WCU faculty, staff, and Recognized Student Organizations. The University Center staff can help with event planning and program production and can also provide special equipment and services for your program.
The following spaces are designated as meeting spaces within the University Center:
- Rogers Room
- Dogwood Room
- Cardinal Room
- Catamount Room
- Multipurpose Room
- Grand Room
- Blue Ridge Conference Room
Also available to reserve for events are:
The University Center, including the above meeting rooms, are ADA Compliant.
How to Reserve a University Center Space
Off-campus groups are not allowed to use University Center facilities (except for the Picnic Area) unless being sponsored by an on-campus department or Recognized Student Organization. For conferences, please contact Conference Services through the office of Residential Living.
Recognized Student Organizations:
You must come into the office in person (University Center, 2nd floor) and fill out a reservation request form. Recognized Student Organizations are allowed to make only 4 reservations at one time. Please note that a A Sales and Solicitation Permit is required for the selling of any items, collecting money for any purpose, and fundraising and that a Fair Use Waiver is required when showing a film in the UC Theater.
Please use use the R25 Webviewer to make your reservations and we will send you any setup forms that need to be filled out. Please note that a A Sales and Solicitation Permit is required for the selling of any items, collecting money for any purpose, and fundraising and that a Fair Use Waiver is required when showing a film in the UC Theater.
Point your browser to the Resource 25 Webviewer.
- Click on the “My Requests” link in the Webviewer menu bar.
- You will see the “User Logon” screen. Type your active directory username and password (This will be the same username and password you use to log into your email and computer each day).
- Click “Log On.” This will take you to the “Request an Event” form.
- It is important that you give your event a distinctive “Event Name.” This is what displays on the Webviewer events calendar.
- Place your name and Western phone extension in the “Event Title” field. The space approver will use this if they need to contact you.
- Choose an “Event Type” from the drop down list. This will help the space approver know what type of event you are having. If you can not find an Event Type to match your specific event, use the comments section of the form and the space approver will share that information with the R25 System Administrator.
- Next, you will need to select the “Sponsoring Organization.” Click on your organization from the drop down list. If your organization is not listed, please add the group name to the comments section.
- Use the “Start” and “End” times of the form to indicate the actual event times. If you need setup and breakdown times for the event, indicate how much time you will need in the comments section. R25 also allows you to request that your event repeats on specific dates, daily, or weekly. If your event is repeating daily or weekly you should select the series you would like for it to repeat in, the number of repetitions, and an “Until Date” (which should be the same as the end time above).
- To select a location for your event, simply click on a particular space from the “Space Preference” drop-down list (only schedulable spaces are included in the list). You may choose to request alternative spaces in the comments section of the request form.
- You have the ability to choose particular pieces of equipment for both the Ramsey Activity Center (RAC) and the University Center (UC). To make a request enter the number of each piece of equipment listed under “Resources.”
- The “Requirements” section of the form concerns additional needs that may be needed for the event. For example, you may need meals for a certain number of people, an alcohol permit, ticket sellers, etc. Please select these items as necessary. Additional needs not listed should be added in the “Comments” section.
- You should also complete the “Comments” and “Description” section of the event request form. The “Comments” section allows you to put information that may be more complex than the Webviewer allows you to select. The “Description” section can be used for more specific information that you would like displayed on the Webviewer.
- Once you have completed these sections click the “Next” button to move to view a summary of your request. After you have clicked “Next” the Webviewer will display an “Event Request Summary” which allows you to review your entry choices. If you need to make changes to your request click the “Make Changes” button. If you do not need to make any changes, click the “Submit Request” button.
- Once you have submitted your request the Webviewer will display an “Event Request Confirmation” containing the details of the request you just made. If you need to make additional requests you may click the “Request Another Event” button which will open a new request form. You can check to see if your event has been approved by looking under the “Approved” section on the Webviewer menu bar to see if the event has been confirmed by the space approver.
- Please remember that submitting a request does not mean it has been approved. If you have questions about the status of the request please check the “Approved” section of the Webviewer or contact the room scheduler directly.