NEWSOrganizations uniting to sponsor Ban the ‘R-Word’ Rally
Women’s History Month events set through March
WCU to host inaugural small business, innovation summit in April
WCU emergency service, police departments sponsor public safety, preparedness sessions
WCU’s Hilton honored by National Association of Student Affairs Professionals
Parents Preparedness Homework
- Discuss safety and preparedness with your student; review WCU Student Preparedness website together, as well as the Student Preparedness Checklist, and the "Shots Fired" video.
- Students should program cellphones with emergency numbers; 911 for off-campus and 828-227-8911 for WCU Police.
- Establish ground rules for travel - call when you leave, call when you arrive; follow campus advisories on travel conditions; etc.
- Agree upon standby contacts for your family if communications are disrupted (e.g., family members, friends, etc.).
- Be sure your student knows health history for medical records (e.g., allergies to medicines, blood type, etc.).
- Discuss how to use the "buddy system" with their friends.