NEWSInstitute to hold ‘Focus on Franklin’ meeting July 30
WCU to throw ‘Big Birthday Bash’ on Aug. 26 to mark 125th year
WCU launching new lifelong learning program for WNC retirees this fall
When you come to the mountains, you’re looking for something
Dance program director wins national teaching award
Parents Preparedness Homework
- Discuss safety and preparedness with your student; review WCU Student Preparedness website together, as well as the Student Preparedness Checklist, and the "Shots Fired" video.
- Students should program cellphones with emergency numbers; 911 for off-campus and 828-227-8911 for WCU Police.
- Establish ground rules for travel - call when you leave, call when you arrive; follow campus advisories on travel conditions; etc.
- Agree upon standby contacts for your family if communications are disrupted (e.g., family members, friends, etc.).
- Be sure your student knows health history for medical records (e.g., allergies to medicines, blood type, etc.).
- Discuss how to use the "buddy system" with their friends.