Parents Preparedness Homework
- Discuss safety and preparedness with your student; review WCU Student Preparedness website together, as well as the Student Preparedness Checklist, and the "Shots Fired" video.
- Students should program cellphones with emergency numbers; 911 for off-campus and 828-227-8911 for WCU Police.
- Establish ground rules for travel - call when you leave, call when you arrive; follow campus advisories on travel conditions; etc.
- Agree upon standby contacts for your family if communications are disrupted (e.g., family members, friends, etc.).
- Be sure your student knows health history for medical records (e.g., allergies to medicines, blood type, etc.).
- Discuss how to use the "buddy system" with their friends.