NEWSWCU offering monthly photography classes in Cullowhee, Asheville
‘Militarization’ of American policing to be focus of Oct. 7 forum
Art education students host activities for children Oct. 29 at WCU
‘Broadway’s Next Hit Musical’ to feature song, improv, comedy at WCU on Oct. 24
WCU’s fall foliage forecaster says outlook improving for WNC leaf-peepers
Parents Preparedness Homework
- Discuss safety and preparedness with your student; review WCU Student Preparedness website together, as well as the Student Preparedness Checklist, and the "Shots Fired" video.
- Students should program cellphones with emergency numbers; 911 for off-campus and 828-227-8911 for WCU Police.
- Establish ground rules for travel - call when you leave, call when you arrive; follow campus advisories on travel conditions; etc.
- Agree upon standby contacts for your family if communications are disrupted (e.g., family members, friends, etc.).
- Be sure your student knows health history for medical records (e.g., allergies to medicines, blood type, etc.).
- Discuss how to use the "buddy system" with their friends.