Thank you for sending your proposals for the II Gower Congress, John Gower in Iberia: Six Hundred Years. We would like to give you some practical information and some dates you might be interested in.
We are now working on the program; we'll expect to have more than 20 panels on a wide variety of topics. Plenary and guest speakers will include:
- Winthrop Wetherbee (Cornell)
- Alastair Minnis (Yale)
- Mª Luisa López-Vidriero Abelló (Biblioteca Real, Madrid)
- Fernando Galván Reula (U. Alcalá de Henares)
- Mauricio Herrero Jiménez (U. Valladolid)
We hope to have a provisional program of the Congress ready in April. In connection with this, you are kindly reminded that paper presentations should not exceed 20 minutes.
Registration will start in early April, and it will be done online. There will be a cheaper rate for those who register before May 15th; but registration will be open until mid June. You'll be notified when registration is available, and all the details will be published at the John Gower Society website, where you’ll find the link to the registration website.
Travel and Housing
How To Get To Valladolid - the latest info on how to get to Valladolid
For those of you who want to start planning your trip and your stay in Valladolid, here's some information which we hope will be useful.
- There is a small airport in Valladolid, with flights from London-Stansted, Barcelona, Paris, Valencia and Brussels-Charleroi. The companies flying to Valladolid airport are Ryanair and Iberia-Air Nostrum. If you prefer to fly to Madrid, the best way to reach Valladolid is taking a fast train from the station Madrid-Chamartin; you'll be in Valladolid in just one hour (check timetables and availability at http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html).
- For those who want to rent a car, you can find booths of the major car rental companies at the airport, and they have offices in Valladolid too. - The registration form will offer the possibility of booking accommodation at a University dorm; we are now negotiating room availability, price, etc.
- For those who prefer a hotel, we have been offered special prices for Congress delegates in some of the hotels in the city.
All the information about accommodation will be ready for you when registration opens. We hope this will help you with your first arrangements for the congress. If you have any question or special circumstances or needs (e.g., dietary, physical, etc.), do not hesitate to contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in Valladolid!
Ver Getting around Valladolid en un mapa más grande
The organising committee
II International Congress of the John Gower Society