Support for programmatic initiatives provides the flexible funding that allows WCU to:
- Realign its academic programs and services consistent with its unique and nationally significant philosophy of integrative education.\
- Influence public policy and practice with regard to teacher preparation and retention, administrative quality, and school performance through its partnerships with the region’s schools and its applied research.
- Apply the Stewards of Place model to advance public education, economic development and the quality of life throughout the region.
- Expand its role as the major provider of allied health and nursing education, applied research, and service in the Western North Carolina region.
- Enhance its focus on education and research tied to environmental sustainability with particular emphasis on biodiversity and land use.
Programmatic Gifts at Work