Western Carolina University accepts multiple payment methods. Full payment in the
form of check, money order or cashier's check may be mailed to:
Western Carolina University
Student Accounts Office
119 Killian Annex
Cullowhee, NC 28723
You may also bring full payment to the OneStop Student Service Center in the Killian
Annex. Checks must be drawn on U.S. banks.
Payments may be made with credits cards or from online checking accounts. Western Carolina University also offers an alternative to paying your college expenses
in one lump sum with the payment plan option.
Additional Payment Options
Credit Cards & Online Checking Account Payments
- Payments may be made with credit cards including VISA, Mastercard, American Express
and Discover. Online checking account payments are also accepted.
- Western Carolina University charges a 2.75% nonrefundable convenience fee ($3.00 minimum)
on Mastercard, VISA, American Express and Discover card payments for general payments
on students' accounts in Bill+Payment through MyWCU.
- For general payments on students' accounts in Bill+Payment through MyWCU visit MyWCU Login or Authorized User Login.
- For application fees, deposits, orientation, and CatCash payments see Specialty Payment Login.
Please note: The Specialty Payment Login is unavailable from 11:00 p.m. to 12:05 a.m.
nightly due to system maintenance.
Western Carolina University offers an alternative to paying your college expenses
in one lump sum. The payment plan allows you to pay your semester charges in 5, 4
or 3 equal monthly payments beginning June 1st for the Fall term and November 1st
for the Spring term. The payment plan enrollment fee is $55 per semester and is payable
at the time of enrollment. Please note that payment plans are not available for the
Working together with Tuition Management Systems (TMS), we have implemented their
newest technology that is integrated with our student accounting system which provides
real time updates to your student account, along with up to the minute balance information
available to you within the Student Account Center (SAC) on-line portal.
Accessing Tuition Management System's Student Account Center:
There are two ways to access Tuition Management System's Student Account Center (SAC).
The student may access the SAC through myWCU:
Go to myWCU
Log in with the WCU ID (the name before the @ sign in the catamount email address)
- Click on menu in the upper left hand corner and enter “tuition” in the search field.
- Click on “Set Up or Change a Tuition Payment Plan”.
The student may access the SAC directly:
- Go to http://wcu.afford.com/SAC/SingleSignOn .
- Log in using the myWCU login credentials.
It is important to note the student must register first and then they can share access
with any additional participants who will be helping manage their account.
Using the Student Account Center:
Once registered, the student and authorized participants can access the online Student
Account Center to:
- Enroll in the payment plan as well as manage the payment plans budget amount, etc.
throughout the length of the plan (adjustments require school approval).
- Share account access by providing additional participants with the ability to assist
managing your account by viewing the account balance, setting up payment plans or
making one time payments. Students may grant access to as many additional participants
as necessary to help satisfy the balance owed*.
- If the student is having issues accessing the Student Account Center through myWCU,
please contact Tuition Management Systems at 1- 800-208-4785 for assistance.
- Only the student can invite other authorized users to access their information. The
student can grant access to as many people as necessary as it is common to have more
than one person help satisfy the balance owed.
- If any authorized sponsors have registered for SAC access and forgotten their password,
please contact Tuition Management Systems at 1- 800-208-4785 to have your SAC password
- Keep in mind that the Fall payment plan begins on June 1st and the Spring payment
plan begins on November 1st. You are encouraged to enroll in the payment prior to
the start dates to avoid making up past due payments but can still enroll in the payment
plan after the start dates.
*To ensure compliance to FERPA regulations, only students are able to invite parents/additional
participants to view their account and make payments. Once the student has registered,
they will utilize the "Manage Account Access" feature to invite participants. Once
invited, participants will receive an invitation email containing activation instructions.
International Wire Transfers (International Students Only)
Western Carolina University provides you a method of paying your tuition and fees
in a foreign currency via Western Union Business Solutions, a specialist in global
business payments. There are no transaction charges from WUBS for payments sent in
a foreign currency, though you may be charged transaction fees by the banks. There
is a $20 Incoming Payment Handling Fee for payments made in U. S. dollars. The exchange
rate is valid for 72 hours after you have initiated the transaction and payment must
be received by Western Union Business Solutions within that period. Neither WUBS nor
Western shall be liable to you or the intended beneficiary for any additional costs,
fees, or expenses resulting from the untimely delivery of the payment as set forth
above. Go to " Western Union Business Solutions" for more information and/or to begin the payment process.