Is Financial Aid Available for Study Abroad?
- Financial aid is available for WCU exchange programs.
- Your financial aid study abroad budget will generally include tuition, fees, room, meals, administrative costs, insurance, passport, visa, airfare and some miscellaneous in-country expenses.
- Make sure to apply early. Financial aid procedures for study abroad will take additional time and planning.
- If you have scholarship support, you can usually apply this support to approved study abroad programs. Many external agencies offer grants, scholarships, and fellowships to help students study abroad.
- Successful completion of the study abroad program will affect your financial aid status in the same way that it would if you had studied on campus. However, because you will receive transfer credit for your study abroad program, your grades received overseas will not be reflected in your WCU GPA. It is your responsibility to ensure that your transfer credits are evaluated and posted to your WCU transcript promptly upon your return.
If you are considering a study abroad program, you should contact the Study Abroad Office.