118 Killian Annex
1 University Drive
Cullowhee, NC 28723
828.227.7290 tel
828.227.7042 fax

Hours of Operation
Mon-Thur 8AM-5PM
Friday 10AM-5PM

Unofficial Withdrawals

An unofficial withdrawal occurs when you stop attending or never attended classes without officially withdrawing from the university.

If you receive grades of UWF for a semester and you cannot provide documentation of class attendance, your Pell Grant will be adjusted for that semester.

If you receive all grades of UWF for a semester and you can provide documentation of class attendance, you will go through the Return to Title IV process to determine how much aid you have earned.  According to federal regulations, whatever amount of financial aid has not been earned must be returned to the originating financial aid program.  A billing statement will be generated for the amount you owe to the university after aid has been removed from your account.


Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services