118 Killian Annex 1 University DriveCullowhee, NC 28723MapDirections828.227.7290 tel828.227.7042 firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation Mon-Thur 8AM-5PMFriday 10AM-5PM
1. How do I apply for financial aid?
2. What types of financial aid are available?
3. What if I'm a graduate student?
4. What if I'm in a certificate program?
5. What if I am seeking a second bachelor's degree?
6. What if I'm transferring to WCU in the spring or summer? Will my financial aid transfer,
7. What is WCU's school code?
8. Is there a deadline to apply?
9. What do I do after I have completed the FAFSA?
10. My student aid report shows that I have been selected for verification. What does
1. How will I know if you need information from me?
2. Do you need copies of my tax information?
3. My account says I have to be admitted to a degree-seeking program. What does this
4. Why haven't I received my award information yet?
5. Is it acceptable to fax documents to your office?
1. Will I receive my award letter in the mail?
2. When will I receive my award information?
3. What does "Cost of Attendance" (COA) mean?
4. What is an "Expected Family Contribution" (EFC)?
How can I apply for state grant funding?
6. What determines whether I receive grants or not?
7. How do I apply for federal student loans?
8. How do my parents apply for the Federal Direct PLUS Loan?
9. I have been offered several different types of loans. What is the difference?
10. I am a graduate student and received a subsidized loan last year. Why didn't I receive
it this year?
11. What do I need to do to accept my awards?
12. What if I'm also taking courses at my local community college? Can I get aid at both
13. What if I originally said I didn't want loans, but now I do?
14. Why didn't I receive a merit scholarship as part of my award?
15. Will I get the same financial aid every year?
16. I was awarded grants and loans, but I really only want the grants. Do I have to accept
the loans in order to receive the grants?
17. My financial aid award has already been made, but now I have been offered a scholarship.
Will that affect my financial aid award?
18. I have been awarded work study. What do I do now?
19. How do I find a work-study job?
20. Can my work study be used to pay my bill?
21. I wasn't awarded work study. Can I still work on campus?
1. How do I use my financial aid to pay my bill?
2. What if I can't pay by the deadline?
3. Can I make payments for my tuition?
4. I had enough money to cover my fall charges (or get a refund for fall), but now I
owe money for spring. Why?
5. Why can't I get enough federal student loan money to take care of my costs?
1. My financial aid is greater than my semester bill. How do I receive the excess funds?
2. When will I receive my refund?
3. How do I sign up for direct deposit?
4. How will I get my refund?
5. Why didn't I get a refund?
6. Can I use my refund to buy things at the Bookstore?
7. Why doesn't the refund amount on my Bookstore receipt match the refund amount in MyCat?
1. How does my academic performance affect my financial aid?
2. I'm not doing well in a class and would like to withdraw from it. Will that affect
my financial aid?
3. I'm no longer eligible for financial aid, what other options do I have?
1. What if my family's situation changes?
2. What about financial aid for summer school or study abroad?
3. Where can I see how much loan money I have borrowed?
4. What do I need to do so that someone else can discuss my financial aid with you?
5. How will living off campus affect my aid?
6. Can I use my financial aid to purchase a computer? Can I be reimbursed for purchasing
7. I'm going to be leaving my job to return to school. Will I receive enough financial
aid to cover my living expenses?
8. I have been asked to provide a degree plan. Why?
Contact WCUMaintained by the Office of Web Services • Directions • Campus Map • Emergency Information • Text-Only