Apply for Financial Aid
Follow these steps to apply for financial aid. You must reapply every year:
- You first must meet financial aid eligibility requirements.
- If you meet the eligibility requirements, your next step is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Be sure to list WCU’s school code (002981). The WCU financial aid FAFSA priority filing date is March 1st for fall semester. For spring and summer semesters, we need to receive your FAFSA information at least 8 weeks prior to the start of classes in order to allow adequate time for the awarding process.
- Once the FAFSA is reviewed by the federal processor, a Student Aid Report (SAR) will be sent to you. The Financial Aid Office will receive the same information electronically.
- The Financial Aid Office will then contact you by email regarding required documentation.
- New students should check the Catamount Gateway for any required documentation and award information.
- Currently enrolled and returning students are responsible for checking Catamount email for correspondance. You may also view your financial aid requirements and award information in My Cat at any time.
When your financial aid file is complete, a financial aid award will be made and you will be notified by email with instructions on how to accept your award offer.